Monday, April 6, 2015

Mixed Media - Watercolor & Digital Class - FINISHED!



I just had one of the best few weeks of my life experimenting with watercolor textures and techniques to produce our newest www.svslearn.com class. I've been working on a story for a new children's book and wanted to work in a slightly new style. I felt that the story needed the organic natural feel of traditional textures to communicate some of the feelings in the book. Watercolours have such a unique look to them and are one of the few textures that's really hard to create digitally. The best thing about working digitally is that you can combine scans from any natural fibers, textures, surfaces, etc.

In the class I show how to create the following 5 images below. I also included 20 HD watercolor texture downloads so anyone going through it can avoid having to buy a bunch of watercolor brushes, paper, and paint. Of course making your own textures is really fun but not necessary to work with this tutorial.

For the first 10 people that sign up I've included a free critique night.








2 comments:

  1. I especially like the way the water contrasts with the style of the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your illustrations. Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...